Call for Papers
BioCAS 2016 will keep its tradition of being a single track conference and will provide lots of opportunities for interactive discussions. In addition to the regular oral and poster sessions, the three-day program of BioCAS 2016 will comprise of three invited keynote speeches, three insightful tutorials, several special sessions on emerging topics, and one live demo session. The topics include but are not limited to:
- Bio-inspired and Neuromorphic Circuits and Systems
- Bio-medical Sensors and Interfacing Circuits
- Biomedical Imaging Technologies & Image Processing
- Electronics for Brain Science
- Genomics and Systems Biology
- Implantable and Wearable Devices and Systems
- Internet of Things (IoT) for Healthcare
- Lab-on-Chip/BioMEMS/Point-of care Devices
- Medical Information Systems and Bioinformatics
- Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies
- Wireless and Energy Harvesting/Scavenging Technology
The complete 4-page paper (in standard IEEE double-column format), including the title, authors' names, affiliations and e-mail addresses, as well as a short abstract and an optional demonstration video link (3 minutes maximum) are requested during submission. Papers must be submitted electronically in PDF format through this website.
The conference will include several "Special Sessions". The objective is to complement the regular program with new or emerging topics of particular interest to the biomedical circuits and systems community. Please refer to the Call for Special Sessions for details.
BioCAS 2016 keeps its tradition of inviting proposals for "Live Demonstrations" as well. This track offers an interactive and tangible form of presentation, which is quite different from oral and poster sessions and has been popular in the past. Please refer to the Call for Live Demonstrations for details.
Best papers will be invited to publish in two SCI-indexed journals. IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Circuits and Systems(TBioCAS) (Impact factor: 3.149) has scheduled a special issue for BioCAS2016, to be published in 2017. Best papers will also be invited to publish in Science China Information Sciences (SCIS) (Impact factor: 0.85). Papers will be assessed by a committee and the best original papers will be invited to submit their substantially expanded versions to the corresponding journals.
A couple of Awards will be given to the selected Best Papers and Best Demos. Several student travel grants will be offered to students from Europe, America and Africa.
Downloadable PDFsGeneral Call for Papers Call for Special Session Proposals Call for Live Demonstrations
- Best Paper Awards
- Best Demo Awards
- Student Travel Awards
- Paper Submission Due: June 15, 2016June 22, 2016
- Special Session Paper Submission Due:
- Demonstration Proposal Due: July 15, 2016July 31, 2016
- Author Notification Date:
- Author Registration Date:
- Conference Dates:
- Post Conference Workshop Dates:
June 30, 2016
August 10, 2016
August 30, 2016
October 17-19, 2016
October 20-21, 2016